Sunday, January 15, 2012

I took a vacation from the hobby

From 12/22-1/9 I was on vacation in Hawaii. I had no computer access, so I had no contact with the various hobby forums. I had no way to work on my blog. I also couldn't do any work on custom cards.


Hey, I survived.


Since I quit working a year ago I haven't really been able to get into the swing of retirement. I always thought I'd have time to read, to learn to play the Call of Duty video games my wife bought for my birthday some years ago, etc.


Instead, I found myself spending 3-4 hours a day on hobby forums, and obsessively turning out custom cards. I was "working" on the hobby on a nearly full-time basis.


I think that two-week hiatus from hobby action will help me put this whole retirement thing in perspective and give me more balance in my remaining years.


What it means to this blog is that I'll be posting a bit less frequently than I have in the past. I hope you'll find the longer interims between entries isn't intolerable.


Stay tuned in the next few days for my presentation of a new-to-me format for my custom card creations . . . 1958 Topps football.





No comments:

Post a Comment