Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I finished my 1969-style Garvey


Well, I did it. I finished my 1969-style Steve Garvey "rookie" card. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out; I think I got the back color much closer to the original hue than I did with my 1969-style Thurman Munson.
I'm going to use this card to test a new process that will allow me to give my cards a glossy front finish like the originals. I found a self-adhesive sheet of lamination that's produced by the same company (Avery) that I use for the sheets on which I print my fronts and backs. I think getting the glossy laminate onto the fronts will be a bit tricky, and I'll likely run the first couple of attempts, but I think the final result will be worth it.
I hope getting this card off the drawing board will prove to be the incentive I needed to get back into more regular production. I've got so many projects waiting in the wings, it's hard to decide which to tackle next.

No comments:

Post a Comment